Two matches on Saturday and the teams delivered according to the expectation of fans & cricket experts. On one hand, where New Zealand vs Australia was a thriller, on the other hand, the POOL B match between India & UAE ended as a one-sided contest in the favour of India. UAE won the toss & opted to collapse as they were totally outplayed by Indian bowlers. They didn’t allow UAE batsmen to built partnerships and bundled them on 102. It was the spin which did the job for India on the fast pitch of WACA. Ashwin who claimed his career best today took 4/25 while Jadeja & Umesh Yadav stuck 2-2 and Bhuvneshwar & Mohit dismissed 1-1 each. India is perfect in each department till now. In 3 matches, they took 30 wickets & took 21 catches out of 22.
Chasing 103 was a cake walk for the inform Indian batting and they achieved the target in 19 overs with 9 wickets in hand. Rohit Sharma got some runs as he scored his 24th ODI fifty and remained unbeaten on 57 with Kohli who scored 33*. It was a clinical performance by Indian team as after winning 2 big games quite easily, they outplayed the inexperienced UAE team and registered a much expected comprehensive win.
Man of the Match – R. Ashwin
Stats of this match:-
- It was the 1st world cup & 3rd overall contest between India & UAE in which, India won all the matches.
- Ashwin took 4 wickets first time in ODIs and registered his best figures.
- Ashwin became only 3rd spinner after Ravi Shastri & Maxwell to take 4+ wickets haul at WACA in ODIs.
- 102 – Lowest total of any team against India in World Cups. Previous record – Sri Lanka, 109 (2003).
- It was India’s 440th ODI win, joint 2nd highest with Pakistan. Record is Australian, 523 wins.
- It was India’s 264th win out of their country, 2nd highest in ODIs. Record is Pakistan, 334 wins.
- It was MSD’s 58th win outside India as captain, equalled the Indian record of Ganguly.
- India’s 2nd World Cup win by 9 wickets after vs NZ in 1987. They also have a 10 wickets win vs East Africa.